All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Flo's Triangle





This is a gift for my Dad's older sister, Florene, who is the favorite Auntie for me and all of my cousins. She is turning 80 this year and we are having a party on Saturday to celebrate her!

Pattern: Flo's Triangle by me as directed by Evelyn A. Clark in her book "Knitting Lace Triangles"
Yarn: 2 ply lace weight "optimum" stretched merino spun by me on my Jensen
Needles: US size 5
Experience: This is a great book to use to make your own combination of lace for a shawl. It was the perfect vehicle for the about 500 yards of handspun optima I had that wasn't sure what to use it for. This yarn is so ridiculously soft and shiny! I cannot find this fiber to buy more - I bought this 4 ounces at the Knitter's Connection in June. If anyone knows where to get some, please tell me! Here is a review of SWT yarn made from the same fiber that describes the process somewhat.

The requisite "unblocked" picture.


My attempt to capture the shine.


Evidence of reckless planning - I ended up having to ply some singles that I sampled because I ran out 5 inches from the end while binding off. The remnant doesn't even register on my kitchen scale. And people think knitting isn't thrilling! ha!

2 Comments:

  • Lucky Aunt Flo to get such a beautiful shawl. As usual, you never cease to amaze me with your fiber talents.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • I don't even knit and THAT is thrilling.

    By Blogger blackbird, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home